Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bamboo Disbanded

Bamboo is disbanded. This is the current profile picture of the facebook page of Bamboo. For many years Bamboo has been a great influence in my music. I must say I idolize each member of this band. It started with their first song "Noypi" and later on spread like wildfire and influenced many musicians and music lovers.

In my part, the band's bassist, Nathan Azarcon, is an icon and his bass lines has influenced me a lot in how I play. His jazzy and funky grooves are so cool. Basically all the members of the band are great musicians. Mixing Bamboo, Ira, Vic and Nathan's influences equals one great mix of music styles. This is a super band (I said) This band totally rocks! However, I just found out that the band has been disbanded. I didn't really believed it at first until I saw the official press release in their website. I know this is not the end but I will always miss standing in the front rows and simply listening to bamboo music. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments: