Friday, January 7, 2011

Venturing Into Chibi Art

Venturing into Chibi Art. I've always wondered how digital artists make chibi art. I mean digitally. I just know it involves a lot of steps in order to accomplish. (see steps). I've had no problem sketching chibi using pen and paper however when it comes to doing it digitally it becomes so troublesome. The sketch I made is a chibi that I just sketched.  (See original image.)
The first step or phase in creating chibi art would be to make a rough sketch or a draft of your character. Then I added more detail on to the sketch. Then the next step is making the line art. This is the part were I get confused because I'm not an expert when it comes to using the pen tool in Photoshop. I mean I know how to use it but when I compare my line art to other digital artist's work, their line arts are just so seamless or smooth. Well I do get some credit because I'm still an amateur. Well I'm still stuck with the line art phase and I want to master it before proceeding to the next step which is applying the base colors. I hope I could find a tutorial no how to make a good line art. Practice and practice until then.

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

The Rice Creator said...

aw pwede maulaw gi link pa gud koh! ahahah!

bai dara oh pumili ka lang! lolz:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Vector+Lineart+Tutorial

Mus said...

Salamat kaayo master..Hehe..